2023-2024 Monthly dues are as follows:
|Full-time Support Staff||
|Adjunct Faculty & Part-Time Staff||
Our union is regularly engaged in the life of the college district, dedicated to making your working life better. Membership dues support a host of actions and events aimed at improving life for employees at LSC. Membership provides you with career protection along with a host of other perks.
Membership includes the following benefits upon joining:
- $8 million Occupational Liability Insurance policy
- $25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy
- $5,000 Free Term Life insurance policy for 1st year of membership
- Legal defense, representation, and help/support for work related issues and grievances
- A local union office with dedicated leaders to assist you (not an 800 number)
- Local, state and national lobbyists working on your behalf when it comes to issues that affect your profession
- Access to Union PLUS discounts on goods and services such as, prescriptions, hotel and car rentals, loans and mortgage programs, home, auto and supplemental medical insurance discounts, Plus Many more!
AFT Lone Star is a local affiliate of the Texas American Federation of Teachers and the American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO. Membership is open to all employees at the Dean level and below
You can become a member by clicking on the link https://www.bit.ly/AFTLONESTAR-JOIN