AFT-LSC is a local affiliate of the 1.3 million-member American Federation of Teachers and represents members in the Lone Star College System. Our goals, as members of the union, are to:
- promote academic freedom in higher education
- protect the dignity and rights of employees against discrimination
- secure for all members the rights to which they are entitled
- encourage democratization of higher education
- ensure that employees have an effective voice on all matters pertaining to their welfare
- raise the standards of the profession by establishing professional working conditions
- preserve and protect the integrity and unique identity of each of the institutions of higher education in Texas
- promote the welfare of the citizens of Texas by providing better educational opportunities for all
- initiate and support state legislation which will benefit the students and faculty of Texas
- promote and assist the formation and growth of higher education locals throughout Texas
- maintain and promote the aims of the American Federation of Texas and its affiliated labor bodies
Learn about membership benefits...
The national American Federation of Teachers was founded in 1916 to represent the economic, social and professional interests of classroom teachers. It is an affiliated international union of the AFL-CIO. To learn more about the AFT and its divisions, please visit their home page at AFT.org.
About Texas AFT